This is a 4 hour refresher and defensive pistol course. This is for anyone wanting to learn gun safety, marksmanship skills, or would like to increase their existing knowledge and skills surrounding firearms and self-defense. Participants will spend approximately one hour in the classroom and 3 hours on a live fire shooting range learning:
• Weapons Familiarization
• Gun Handling
• Defensive Shooting Skills
Prerequisite for Handgun Fundamentals Class
The student must have taken a basic handgun safety course prior to being permitted to participate in this class.
What will I need for class?
• Any balance you owe (if you didn't prepay)
• Pen/paper for notes
• Semi-automatic pistol in .380, 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig, or .45 ACP
• Belt with holster and magazine pouches
• 2 magazines
• 150 rounds of pistol ammunition (more is better)
• Eye and ear protection (electric preferred)
• Weather appropriate clothing. We train rain or shine.
• Food, drink, and any needed medications
• Lube & cleaning kit
– No Blackhawk Serpa style holsters. No floppy nylon or worn out leather holsters. Holsters with some type of retention value / device is STRONGLY recommended. If you are unsure about your holster, call and ask.
– Please bring firearms unloaded and secured.